Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Today has been a big planning day in terms of both the ride and fundraising for the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Arizona.

I have now booked…
       *Flight (US Airways) –Sky Harbor International to Bar Harbor on August 24, 2011
       *Hotel – Anchorage Hotel, Bar Harbor, Maine
       *Bike and B.O.B. Trailer Ground Shipment – thank you Bikeflights.com

After several weeks of hard work, American Apparel black tri-blend cotton tank tops have been ordered and are nearly finished being screen printed by GMD Graphics of Phoenix, Arizona. These should be completed in a week or so. Shirts will cost $20 each and will donate 70% of the profits to Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Arizona and 30% for food necessary to complete the bicycle ride. Just to get a rough idea of what the shirts will look like, check out the design below.



Milford Sound in New Zealand

2 comments:

  1. Justin-

    I am Lisa Jackson's sister. She sent me your site and hoped that I might help you find places to stay along your route especially through Utah. I have posted your map on the facebook and already have a taker in Utah.

    So, questions: looking for dates. also, are the places you mention just possibilities or definite stopping places. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, these are definite cities that I will be within 10 miles of while on my route.

    Since I don't know the exact conditions/distances that I will travel each day it is difficult to give you an accurate set of places with dates. I have set aside 2 months for the ride so I could estimate that I will be roughly in Missouri around September 25th. I will be traveling about 15miles/hour and hopefully about 60-80 miles/day.

    I will have the ability to communicate during the ride and will be much better at making estimates when I hit the road. I can contact you and your friends and give them decent notice. I will also have a GPS tracking unit that will be in near real time so everyone interested in the ride can monitor my current location.

    Thank you so much for your help :)

    ReplyDelete