Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quick Update.

1. Slept in back of Elks Lodge in Keeseville, NY with permission, which was next to the town cemetery.

2. Woke up several times to the sounds of footsteps outside my tent which I suspect was the adjacent building's tin roof settling / tarp blowing in the wind. Or ghosts.

3. Realized in the morning that my wallet was missing. Cancelled all of my cards and had my sugar mama wire me some money to keep me alive.

4. Realize massive thunderstorm is T minus 10 seconds from Keeseville. Hide under pavilion awning under a tin roof. At least it wasn't a Haboob-y.

5. Ate more than I can keep track of. (One day I will record a days worth of food in some kind of calorie chart just as an experiment)

6. Rode into Lake Placid, NY and ate some more. Then, had a beer at the pub.

7. Met an awesome couple who recommended me to a hostel.

8. Laundry at the Golden Medal Laundromat. I had to get naked so the all of my clothes were clean. Odd looks from everyone in the building.

9. Rode in the dark, 4 miles through the woods, with a headlamp, to the hostel. At least my clothes were still warm from the dryer.

10. No one's at the hostel. I move my stuff in and shower. I soon meet the caretaker. She is awesome and shows me the location of the "Community Food." I try to remember that it's rude to eat all of it.

11. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz








4 comments:

  1. omg! sucks that your wallet went missing :( ... perhaps stolen by ghosts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin.
    Glad you made it across Vt and into NY. Hope you were able to enjoy Lake Placid.
    Best
    Doug and Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exciting. almost too exciting.
    Glad you're still in good spirits and doing well
    Cody

    ReplyDelete